March 12, 2014

Guilt Free Ice Cream

Some people are able to eat whatever they want and not gain a pound. I, unfortunately, will never ever (add about 10 more 'ever's on to that) be one of those people.

But, instead of accepting my fate while I binge watch Grey's Anatomy with a tub of chocolate Häagen-Dazs in my lap, I've decided to make a lifestyle change.

To continue to get my sugar fix in this troubling time, I rely on delicious recipes like this guilt-free chocolate peanut butter ice cream.



It's sugar free, dairy free, and the flavour can be modified to whatever you feel like.

This recipe is enough to make either a normal amount for two people or a very large scoop for one. As per usual I chose to share with me, myself, and I.


What you need...

1.5 frozen bananas
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1.5 tablespoons of cocoa powder

That's it. I know, I know, this is the mother of all diet dessert recipes, you can thank me later.

I will say that it tastes quite peanut buttery (technical term) like this so you could choose to add more cocoa powder or less peanut butter depending on your taste.


What you do...

Freeze the bananas overnight or at least for a few hours. I recommend peeling and chopping them beforehand.

Throw them into the blender and do your worst. It may look quite grainy at first, but just scrape down the sides every once in a while until you get a smooth, creamy texture like this...


Once the banana is smooth, add your chosen flavouring.

I chose to add a big scoop of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of cocoa powder. If you'd like an extra kick of sweetness, add a spoon of honey to the mix.

Blend once more and voila!


You can freeze the mixture a little while longer or eat it on the spot....you can probably guess which one I chose (I'm only human!).


I topped it off with strawberries to add some freshness to the dessert, but I'm sure that crushed up peanuts or dark chocolate shavings would be equally delicious.


It looks naughty, tastes sweet, and is 100% healthy. Sold yet?

Love, Milly

4 comments:

  1. So yummy, I really need to try making this. I'm a huge banana fan (and my boyfriend isn't plus he hates peanut butter so there will be nobody to steal it from me mwahaha) but for some reason I still haven't gotten round to making banana ice cream yet...
    Lucy xxx
    La Lingua : Food, Life, Love, Travel, Friends, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, i will try this when it is hot! Or when I am just craving ice cream haha, sounds delish!

    xo Mélane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing!! We definitely are trying to make this tonight!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good!

    http://porlasramasblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete